I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Congratulations to Tracy K. Smith, Our Next Poet Laureate


Photo credit: Rachel Eliza Griffiths


I am borrowing this headline directly from Melville House Publishing Company.

Congratulations to my sister-in-poetry, Tracy K. Smith. She has done the world proud.

As actress Ava Duvernay tweeted, “Pretty wonderful. Congrats to Tracy K. Smith. Our new U.S. Poet Laureate. And congrats to us. We're lucky. Something to smile about today."
Well spoken!

Read more about Tracy here.

Footnote: It has been a l-o-n-g time since my last poetry post. I apologize profusely. I was in the throes of peeling layers off the perfection of poetry. It is funny how a person thinks he/she knows something very well only to discover that there are infinite unpeeled layers to the "thing." I am glad to learn more than I supposed there is.

--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: