I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pay Phones

I saw a pay phone and my heart rejoiced speedily
this forgotten landscape
Its ease and convenience unknown by the cell-phone generation
Given different names by the country wherein it resided

I saw a pay phone and my heart leaped joyfully
this faithful servant offering speech in heat or cold
Neither shielded nor sheltered in extreme temperatures
Not all the time, not everywhere but to everyone
Making music by familiar Top-Forty's Number One hit song
The coin's long journey into its unretractable home

I saw a pay phone and my heart jumped excitedly
not that I used it much then
Taking time to wipe down humanity's gifts
Like one prepped efficiently for surgical procedures
I did not use it much even before these cell phone days
A sight still for the sore eyes of America's lost culture
Obliterated and forgotten landscape for romantic escapades
Veins of bloodlines snipped from underground source
Hauled with Incredible Hulk's bulging biceps into landfills
Now populated by dead pay phones rejected by technology's betrayal



----"Paper Is Not Silent!" My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: