I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Friday, March 23, 2012

Winter’s Blows


Dressed in green attires they came, fresh from spring
Outstretched arms embraced me without discrimination
Cooling my forehead, restoring my calmness with songs
A newcomer in their compassionately fertile midst
Such hospitality would have made any mother proud
Tenderness glowed like fire’s love in me, affection radiated
Allowing life to be lived leisurely against the sun’s
Searing death, protected from neighborly telescopes
Eyes’ zooming intrusive lenses of inquisitiveness
Nature robs them boldly, exposed to cruel freezer limbs
Come naked, stripped, a victim of nature’s calendar
No fault of theirs, this inhospitability, frigid gasps from winter’s
Blows through paper-thin ribs and chest
They look helplessly at me, a willing recipient of tenderly
Love, a reluctant giver of tenderly love
How can I help them, victims of nature’s unransomed hostage?
My arms too short for a maternal protective shield
They have received such cruelty
Such subjection bleeds my heart


©2010FrancesOhanenye


--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: