I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

An Ornament of Solace


Sitting on it defies the codes of its purpose
Defies the purpose of its existence
Dies the logic of its monetary expenditure
Meant to sit two, it sat none
It is the reminder of hopes not purchased
Of languid, windy days not experienced
Of loveseat’s unsatisfied requirement

Sitting on it defies the logic of its positioning
Out, front, center of my mind’s sense
It has never been sat on
It has never been visited
Still, joy it gives in its neglect
Being present is reason enough
Being absent creates a yearning, a void
An ornamental discontent
Yet an ornamental solace
Meant to sit two
Never did serve that accepted duty
For me, it has served plenty of purposes


--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: