I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Monday, June 11, 2012

Cliptomania


Roses ask to be left alone, undesirous of mother hen
No wish for replanting, not wanting transplanting
Roses protest hair fluffing and chin wiping
The suffocating breath of fuss
Finger-trigger happy
Clip-tomania, cutting, stealing, trimming, shaving, potting
Roses seek planned ignoring
Not to be grafted, not to be cloned
Roses tire of persistent display of affection
Sick whispering sweet nothings
Being talked to death, sick of pruned and primed
The vying for beauty contests
My clip-tomanic attention

Neither seeking nor craving obsessive pampering of
lonely hearts of humanhood
Protesting tender love and care
Thus rejected, I channel clip-tomania
Dangerous weeds choking beauty need hacking
They deserve no tender loving care


--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

2 comments:

Lynne Watts said...

Your descriptions always blow me away. How do you think of this? I love roses but have never been too successful with growing them...

Virgy's Kitchen and Garden said...

Lynne, thank you so much for the compliment. Coming from the published author you are, it means a lot.

You should visit my Facebook pages. They are chuck full of my roses and pictures that show both my green thumb and my obssession.

1. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3412736570355.147219.1628275282&type=3
==============================
2. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2333760676632.125580.1628275282&type=3