I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Friday, August 17, 2012

A Lie Becomes the Truth (Reloaded)

Frances @ 165 pounds
I am woman given to delusions of slimness
I am woman given to whims of fancy
Society expects no lie but with exceptions
Women hold fibbing license with boldface
Too lax, too lazy to work at its achievement
The chant I offered to those demanding
Once upon a time, 130 was mine to sway
Sauntering with a model’s insouciance
Fitted with a model’s draped egoism
Accelerator sped with 168-pound calories
Birth and deaths shoveled fatty tissues
They failed to ask my desire and piled high


The yardstick of validity


In retrospect, 130 was a skeleton walking
 I wanted meat on bone for man to hold
I wanted holding place for man to pull
No fear of breaking me in half, should he
Declared my weight 150 with bold face
 Repeating many times, I bought belief
Chancing a glancing in that crystal ball
Showed clearly the achievement of a lie
No stopping now when lie becomes truth
Next stop, my weight 145, now a lie
Will become the truth one day soon  


Achieving a Lie
That fat lie a slim truth did become
The yardstick of validity, a dress dotted
Hung in my closet, a secret resolve
How did such a magic come about?
I’m grateful to corn and wheat intolerance
Those two bullies achieved my goal
Now, the lie once told with a boldface
Has become the truth at sassy 145
Therefore, your honor, I rest my case  

At 145


--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: