I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Monday, October 22, 2012

Hello wonderful readers/poets,
I apologize for my silence these last few weeks. Life has been happening at a ferocious speed. What am I saying exactly? Does life happening outside this page prevent scheduled postings? Does it mean that when I post or stay here that I have no life? For answers to this circuitous situation, please visit my literary blog at  http://literarynomad11.wordpress.com/. Thanks for visiting!

Sincerely,
Frances Ohanenye
=====================================
A Hip Thing


The confident walker
Was not born that cool
Ungainly stops and starts
The infancy of inexperience
Pays toll with leg’s challenges
Dropping coins in tollbox of experience
The teenager’s sass in steps
Ain’t seen nothing yet
Need to put in miles of life’s lessons
The twenty-something’s swagger
At the start of race of responsibilities
Gained job’s required walking
Ain’t seen nothing yet

Confidence rises like water
At calibration’s perfect punctuation
Rising with lessons’ speed
This confident walker has stories to tell
Not born that cool but increasingly so
Arriving now in forties with confident swagger
A boatload of all requirements exceeded
Confidence found its way to the hip
A mind of its own, to sway, sashay
A hip thing it is
The hip has taken over
 

--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: