I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Friday, May 18, 2012

A City in My House




A city in my house lies in comfort
Blanket spreads with determination
Over earth’s moving immobility
So we can rest from blinks
Wide-eyed useful functions stall

The vista from plane’s altitude
Views a city half asleep, half nodding
Within natural darkness
And semi-sleeping houses
Is the city of my house

I navigate geography’s pencil marks
No hurtful eye blinders
Up the steps into the sanctuary
All is quiet now and still
So still paper's voice sounds screechy
No singing and dancing machines

Yet, I pause at unguarded entry
All at attention, saluting sharply
Caught unawares by resting machines
Who’ve quit singing and dancing
But would not, like humans, sleep
They stare unblinking, filled with caffeine

Pinpoints of light in the sky
As beauteous as the down view  
Forcing me to guess who was where
Making me guess what was near
These pinpoints of unnatural lights
Blink not as I blink not





--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: