I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Friday, May 11, 2012

My Name Is Deaf

 
Deafness has descended now
My name stopped hearing
No longer called
    In Memory of My Mother


No longer heard
Once glorified and proclaimed
Forever as silent as my dead

Deafness does not feel music
The lilt of my name
Bestowed on me lovingly
She who breathed life into it
A priceless crown jewel
On my head preciously placed
Only my mother, queen
Called it
No one else could sing its melody
Confetti of love and affection
Rained down in glory
Unique shades and feelings
On me when she sang it

Lost that legacy untimely
She took it with her
I mourn severally
I cry severally
My name is deaf 
My name is dead

--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

Image from http://feedseniors.org



No comments: