I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Saturday, November 17, 2012

In-between Thoughts



My mind slides to home base
Verdant roses and hydrangeas
Bud and bloom in happiness
Wasps of delicate vines entwine
Wrap around my fecund mind
In between rows of thriving verses
Barren land asks for seeding
That they may germinate with abandon
That they may bloom into prosaic wisps
In between thoughts, dryness stares
They cause doubts of ability
Cast burdens of writer’s block
They say I should sit and write
Unworthy thoughts not my best creations
Vacant lots welcome all travelers
The house of lackluster prose
The house of distressed property
My mind hits home runs
When silent cheers rebear energy
I prance around like Ali, the Greatest
Delivering uppercuts and jabs
To in-between thought vacancies
Swift moves away from ensnarement
Attempts to grab arms by in-between thoughts
When my mind refuses to bloom
These are any writer’s nightmares
 

--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: