I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Monday, December 24, 2012

For Those Who Have No One



They say the holidays are the hardest
Solitude is pronounced, shouted
No one hears the cry of the lonely
Watching families thronging in, hugging
Singing, eating, laughing, kissing
No one sees the loneliness of the alone
Far away from loved ones who miss
The joy, the laughter, now a memory
The heart longs for what the heart misses
The silent cry of the lonely resonate
No tree to decorate, no turkey trimmings
No stockings stuffed, no embrace
Inner light's extinguished for now
The ache is so deep it cracks dry land
Take heart, you who are alone this season

Find a comedy show on that channel
Plug in a comedy movie to laugh-cry
But laugh, really laugh to alleviate the pain
Laugh, really laugh to gladden your heart
Laugh, really laugh; you have no choice
Bundle up, eat ice cream; fill your diary
I understand dinner for one; I've been there
See the flip side of that: all that's for you
Write songs, dream of the New Year
This, too, shall pass, I promise
Make your heart feel and see tomorrow
TRY to be happy, be merry, be joyful
This, too, shall pass, I promise     

--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: