I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It Is Not in How Long

It is not in the how long
But in the how well
Not in how long you study
But how much retained
Not how long you worked
But how pleasing the fruit of labor
Not how long you spoke
But how much impact the words
Not in how long you searched
But how quickly the aim you found

If it were in how long,
I’d be the ruler of this earth
For I’ve been on this earth
A mighty, mighty long time

It is how in well I’ve lived on this earth
I’ve tried to live well in it
Not to hurt it by any measure
To leave it better than I found it
I have aspired to live well in it
To befriend my fellow humans
And cause a change somehow
I have tried to make a difference
In the hopes and plans of youth
Who come my way yearly
So they’ll see better than I saw
So they’ll pass on liberally to all
A kinder, kindlier, gentler
More loving, more peaceful earth
It is not in how long at all
It is in how well you lived

--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: