I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Man Is Never Jealous


My man loves me
But he’d rather die
Than admit, say it
He demands my whereabouts
Questions where I’d been
Demands a print-out
Of my daily wanderings
A print-out from Map-Quest
Minute by minute journeys
Mile by mile excursions
Demanding who’s on my line
Attempts a quarantine
Dare I flirt
Watching every hip shift
Studying men’s faces
For the slightest interest
In my numerous body parts

He leaves me quickly
Returns a minute later
An attempt to catch me cheating
My man’s never jealous
Just drives himself insane
Worrying who’s going to steal me
Steal me from him

©2009FrancesOhanenye, all rights reserved.

--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: