I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Monday, November 7, 2011

Silver-Screen Life

My life flashed before me
Not at the eleventh hour of death
Nor at the point of loss
My life flashed before me
Reflected on the silver screen
I knew it when I saw it
How contented I’d be
Not the materialistic nature of it
But the just-being-there of it
Abundance of open rooms
Flimsy curtains playing in the wind
Dancing carefree in the breeze
Blown into my face caressingly
As I slid jauntily by
With sand between active toes
Collecting ocean bleached rocks
Pants knee-down wet
From shoreline escapades
Frolicking before the hairline
Border of the expansive blue
Pouring words tirelessly
Content just to sit and write
Days blending into nights
Getting nary a night’s sleep
I saw my life as it ought to be
I won’t rest until it is so


--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: