I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Friday, July 13, 2012

Proud Parent Xing

An ambitious child delivers always
Accolades, pride, respect, recognition
Showered on the hard work of parents

Invitations arrive clockwork like
To orchestrated events honoring
The child achieving feats of challenges

It arrived and beckoned an appearance
To witness the glorification of mine
The stubborn crowd gridlocked

Like ancestral Moses with staff

I parted the Red Sea with breeze of fragrance
I parted the Red Sea with a hat of sass
I parted the Red Sea with a sway of hips
And with dignified chants of three words
Like ancestral Moses with the wand
The Red Sea I parted with gladness
Allowing this peacock a passage
Serenaded on this grand occasion

Avery moving confetti
An amazing recognition
An awed glory unto God
Raising this child for me
Raising her in His image
--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: