I Touch Beauty Daily

I Touch Beauty Daily

Friday, February 17, 2012

Eleven Shades


By birth, always positional
Aware of my perfect place
Happy Black History Month!
(c)pix2012FrancesOhanenye
On the spectrum of family paternal
My ancestry, I readily trace
Stratified on birth’s timeline
Creating offspring so, so fine
Always been the middle child
As far as gender issue goes
Always been the last child
Being spoiled, I assembled foes

Somewhere in family lineage
Position the generations of faces
Creating a spectrum in our age
Having mixed genes with other races
History’s revelation of Israel’s descent
Followed all the way to Nigeria’s extent
At least vying are eleven shades
Placed precisely by ascension
Beautiful hues abound in spades
Mixtures flow over the generation

Perfectly placed in the middle
Not the shade of one too light 
Just the shade with enough meddle
Not the shade too dark as night
But a shade dubbed light chocolate
Perfect mixture, better than a gimlet
Eleven shades of perfect hues mixed
Stratified on black people’s pride
Such variations cause joy, not nixed
Conquering, straddling, all hate astride

 
©2006FrancesOhanenye

--My dream has loved paper so much for so long because it gave influence to the parched voice of a fashionista poet. Finding this outlet, that voice is now replete with expressive sound.

No comments: